Moisturizing is a very important part of skincare, even in a tropical country like the Philippines. However humid our weather may become, we ladies still need to moisturize to maintain our youthful skin.
Choosing the right product is basic knowledge for properly taking care of our skin. Let me share with you a few pointers about different skin types and caring for them:
- Dry Skin is when your skin feels tight and sometimes flakes. You rarely have pimples but when you do, it hurts really bad! You don’t wear powder at all. Avoid using alcohol-based and harsh peeling skin products.
- Oily Skin is when your face looks shiny all over even when you aren’t sweating. You may have a few pimples due to the excess oil on your face. Avoid oil-based products but too much alcohol-based skincare might make your skin oilier! Choose the gentlest alcohol-based products!
- Combination Skin is when you cheeks are dry but your T-zone (forehead and nose) is shiny. Choose products for your skin that strike a balance between oil-control and moisture.
Garnier’s Light Complete Multi-action Whitening Cream will be reviewed today. This is a good daily moisturizer for combination skin like mine. They claim to reduce dullness, dark-spots and acne-marks. It has SPF, whitening properties and an “8-Hour Oil-Trapping Formula”. This is my third sachet of the product so I trust this product now!
Closer look at Garnier’s Light Complete MAWC sachet:
Back of theGarnier’s Light Complete MAWC sachet:
What I like about Garnier’s Light Complete MAWC:
- It has sun protection!
- Two thumbs up for being dermatologically tested!
- It has a Salicylic Acid Derivative which is known to treat acne.
- It doesn’t leave a greasy feeling to my face.
- The clean smell! It must be the lemon essence.
- My skin easily absorbs the cream therefore great when rushing make-up.
- It leaves most of my face oil-free, particularly my forehead and my under-eye area.
- This is my make-up base. My blush was still visible after a day outside!
- No breakouts!
- It’s whitening property makes my face look evenly colored now!
- I love that there are sachets of this. It makes it so much easier to test-drive a certain product.
What I don’t like about Garnier’s Light Complete MAWC:
- It leaves a grayish cast on my face. It must be because of the SPF.
- It couldn’t handle the oiliness of my nose after 2 hours of commuting. It’s okay, though. A little tissue blotting here and there then I’m okay.
How to use Garnier’s Light Complete MAWC?
Rub a small amount between your palms then pat it gently all over your thoroughly cleansed face. Don’t rub your face! Rubbing / pulling / pinching your face will cause wrinkles!
Garnier has facial scrubs, too! I have been looking to try a new one since I think my skin’s becoming “immune” or allergic to my old facial cleanser.
What I love about this:
- It’s true to its promise of “quick lather, quick rinse”.
- It has micro-beads which gently exfoliate my face for that squeaky-clean feeling.
- It has a faint cooling sensation.
- It doesn’t dry out my skin unlike other harsh facial cleansers!
- No facial breakouts!
- It healed my shoulder acne.
What I don’t like about this:
- Somehow, the smell doesn’t appeal to me. It has a masculine scent. It goes away after rinsing so that’s good.
Garnier Skin Naturals offer a variety of products for moisturizing and cleansing all skin types. Their most popular product in the Philippines are their Eye Roll-On’s which I have yet to try.
This Holiday season they are having a sale on all their best-selling items such as their Eye Roll-On’s, Facial Moisturizers and Facial Cleansers!
Garnier Facial Scrub / Foam + Garnier Light Complete
= Php 140.00 Only! What a deal!!! I love this! :)
Garnier Brightening Eye Roll-On + Garnier Instant Fairness BB Eye Roll-On
= Php 343.00 This may be a sign. I will finally see what all the raving is about!
Garnier Light Day Cream + Garnier Overnight Peeling Cream
= Php 343.00 I have never tried night creams before but this Holiday Season, Garnier gave me a reason to.
I’m off to Watson’s to hoard these! *Insert evil laughter here*
I love that Garnier’s FB Fanpage is so active and prompt when customer’s ask questions! More power Garnier!
Photos from Garnier’s Facebook Fanpage : link
What moisturizer / facial cleanser do you use? Have you tried Garnier’s Eye Roll-Ons? Did you buy / hoard their Christmas bundles already? Let me know in a comment below! I’d love to hear from you!
Much Love Beauty Venturers!
- beauty-venture posted this